The Chicago Bears travel to Detroit to take on the Lions this Thanksgiving. Although the Bears are 5-3 SU against the Lions since the start of the 2010 season, the only one of those eight games they’ve covered was in a 37-13 home win in 2011. Chicago is also 5-3 SU in the eight games the team has played in Detroit since the start of the 2006 season, but the Bears are only 2-6 ATS in those games. While the Lions lead the NFL in scoring defense (17.3 PPG), only the Jaguars give up more points than the 27.5 per game the Bears are allowing. Detroit’s offense, however, hasn’t scored a touchdown in its past eight quarters—the Lions are one of only five NFL teams averaging fewer than 18 points per game.
Check out the latest NFL Football Odds here.
Need more help making your picks winners? Check out our top handicappers.
The Buzz Tips:
- DETROIT is 7-3 ATS (3-7 SU) vs. CHICAGO (4-1 ATS, 2-3 SU at home.)
- DETROIT is 4-21 ATS vs. very bad defensive teams who give up 27 or more points/game since 1992.
- DETROIT is 0-9 ATS vs. defenses allowing 260+ passing yards/game after 8+ games since 1992.
- DETROIT is 1-10 ATS off a non-conference game over the L3 seasons.
- CHICAGO is 16-3 OVER after playing a game at home over the L3 seasons.
- CHICAGO is 11-1 OVER away after 1 or more consecutive wins over the L3 seasons.
- CHICAGO is 0-7 ATS after having won 2 out of their last 3 games over the L2 seasons.