One of the NFL’s fiercest modern-day rivalies is renewed as the Seahawks and 49ers meet for the first of what will be two games over an 18-day span. It’s a series that’s been dominated by the home team: Only twice in the 11 meetings between the teams since the start of the 2009 season has the road team covered, and both of those times were by a half-point (Seattle covered at San Fran in a 2-point loss as a 2.5-point underdog in 2013, and in a 7-point loss as a 7.5-point underdog in 2012.) The Seahawks rank first and the 49ers second in the NFL in total defense, and Seattle leads the NFL in rushing yards per game.
Check out the latest NFL Football Odds here.
Need more help making your picks winners? Check out our top handicappers.
The Buzz Tips:
- SAN FRANCISCO is 3-8 ATS (6-5 SU) vs. SEATTLE (3-2 ATS, 5-0 SU at home.)
- SEATTLE is 9-1 ATS as an underdog over the L3 seasons.
- SEATTLE is 12-28 ATS off a win by 10 points or more over a division rival since 1992.
- SEATTLE is 1-9 ATS away after allowing 6 points or less last game since 1992.
- SAN FRANCISCO is 15-6 ATS off 1 or more consecutive unders over the L3 seasons.
- SAN FRAN is 25-12 UNDER at home after allowing <=7 points in 1st half in 2 straight games since 1992.
- SAN FRANCISCO is 15-6 ATS after playing a game at home over the L3 seasons.