Do you have a Gambling Problem? SportsbookBuzz.com is concerned about problem gambling. For the majority of people, gambling is entertainment, a fun activity that can be enjoyed without harmful effect. But for some, it’s not just for fun, it’s a serious problem that continues even after the fun has gone.
Compulsive gambling can not be detected easily. The person with a gambling addiction will often go to great lengths to cover up the problem and will appear to look normal, regardless of the consequences of their gambling.
Gambling Warning Signs:
Some of the indicators that a person may be suffering from a gambling problem include:
- Borrowing money to gamble or pay gambling debts.
- Gambling to escape worry or trouble.
- Neglecting the care of one’s self or family in order to gamble.
- Lying about the amount of time and money spent on gambling.
- Gambling more money in an attempt to win back losses.
- Selling or pawning personal possessions to get money to gamble.
- Feelings of hopelessness, depression, or suicide as a result of gambling.
- Losing time from work or family due to gambling.
- Repeated failed attempts to stop or control gambling.
Remember that help is available. By reaching out to people who understand, you can find the help you need. The Nevada Council on Problem Gambing has a 24 hour, toll free hotline at 800-522-4700. Or you can visit the Gambler’s Anonymous website here.